And This: Is the Journey to the Center of Freedom is a personal allegory, navigating the collections of stories, events, and feelings that are relevant in my life. There are distinct, quadratic layers to categorize these events appropriately. These are recognitions and representations of an individualistic experience; one that could not have been made without the institutions it has been balanced on.
This has been rooted in the various struggles and encounters that have occurred throughout my life’s course thus far. There are the four layers, which are representational of four different emotions.
These are the four layers that are pieced together, like a planet. The inner core is representational of fate, these are the things that we are stuck in, and they are almost impossible to escape.
The outer core is representational of fear, which is sandwiched between two bad things. It is an anxiety that does not disappear, it turns the skin unnatural colors, and everything in the realm of vision is distorted and makes you sick.
The mantle is representational of mercy, which is going on the way to brighter horizons, but still not quite there. We are constantly at the mercy of something, whether it be of the self, others, or the earth. It is impossible to not always be at the mercy of something.
The crust is representational of freedom, which is the ultimate goal. It is the moment where we are at the access of the outer world, without the anxiety that comes with continuing on. We are able to be at peace with everything, even though there is so much not to be at peace with.
The journey to the center of freedom is a journey that has been taken thousands of times, and will be taken thousands more times as the life course continues, as new informations are learned, and different anxieties appear.
It is the hero’s journey, which has made a call to adventure. It has been a personal journey, but many of the issues that I deal with have been addressed, and reflect commonly in perhaps even your journey as well.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Williams, Erin, "And This: Is the Journey to the Center of Freedom" (2016). Photography Senior Thesis Projects. 3.
1) And This, Is the Journey to the Center of Freedom
2) The Tornado That Chased Us Out of Kansas.jpg (28226 kB)
2) The Tornado That Chased Us Out of Kansas
3) The Prequel to the Allegory.jpg (39048 kB)
3) The Prequel to the Allegory
4) There Was A Very Real Possibility That I Would Get Shot At.jpg (49169 kB)
4) There Was A Very Real Possibility That I Would Get Shot At
5) Life Pollution.jpg (19815 kB)
5) Life Pollution
6) There Was No Escaping the Feeling That Someone Was Behind Me copy.jpg (36489 kB)
6) There Was No Escaping the Feeling That Someone Was Behind Me
7) It Was A Camping Trip That Would Last A Lifetime.jpg (24598 kB)
7) It Was A Camping Trip That Would Last A Lifetime
8) A Long Ride Ahead.jpg (33942 kB)
8) A Long Ride Ahead
9) We Were Going Fast on the Road to Nowhere.jpg (16395 kB)
9) We Were Going Fast on the Road to Nowhere
10) Intuition Told Me to Get on the Plane Before it Crashed.jpg (29293 kB)
10) Intuition Told Me to Get on the Plane Before it Crashed
11) Stuck, In the Ever Present Moment.jpg (10050 kB)
11) Stuck, In the Ever Present Moment
12) Everyone Mistook 2012 As the End of the World, When It Was Really the Beginning.jpg (15760 kB)
12) Everyone Mistook 2012 As the End of the World, When It Was Really the Beginning