Our latest survey forecast for the Grand Rapids MSA Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon, and Allegan counties) was conducted in November 2003.
• Business Confidence, employment, and sales are expected to increase modestly in 2004.
• The Confidence Index, currently at 65% for the Grand Rapids economy, is projected at 71% for 2004.
• In spite of painful structural adjustments, employment prospects will continue to build in 2004.
• Sales growth is expected to grow at a tepid 2.6% for 2004.
• 47% of the respondents expect a consistent robust growth rate of 4% after December 2004.