The survey for the greater Grand Rapids economy (Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon, and Allegan Counties) was conducted in November 2007.
• Business confidence has declined significantly for 2008
• Employment is expected to be relatively flat in 2008
• Overall sales are expected to grow at a lower rate of 1.5% for 2008
• Exports continue to be a bright spot; expected growth is 5% during 2008
• The decline in regional confidence and sales reflect the ongoing restructuring and an expected slowdown of the national economy