The survey for the greater Grand Rapids economy (Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon, and Allegan Counties) was conducted in November 2008.
• Business confidence index has dipped below 50%for the first time in 14 years
• Employment is expected to decline by 1% in 2009
• Overall nominal sales are expected to fall by 0.5% for 2009
• Exports continue to be a bright spot; expected growth is 5% during 2009
• The sharp decline in regional confidence, employment, and sales reflect the impact of a prolonged recession