Fall 2019: Open Issue
Deadline: August 15, 2019
In this open issue, we will feature scholarly articles that are relevant and meaningful to our audience of elementary literacy teachers, middle and high school English language arts instructors, and university English educators. Authors might consider one of the following questions:
- What inquiry work have you done that can stretch the field of literacy, language arts, and English?
- How are you rising up against new mandates and legislation to best meet the needs of students?
- What tensions do you see in literacy education today?
- What do readers of LAJM need to notice and think about?
- Describe your process of learning about literature, literacy, culture, social justice, and language.
- What new literacy practices do you see in communities and schools? What supports these practices? What hinders them?
- What connections are adults and children making as they engage in the art of language?
Please submit manuscripts through Scholarworks (http://scholarworks.gvsu.edu/lajm).