Submission Guidelines for McNair Scholars Manuscripts
Who Can Submit
McNair Scholars Manuscripts features work produced by Grand Valley State University students as part of their participation in the program. Learn more from the program website. For additional information, please review the Submit Research to ScholarWorks@GVSU Guide or contact the University Libraries' Scholarly Communications team.
Have a conversation with your advisor about how you will share your project. In some cases, you may wish to request an embargo (delayed access), especially if your project includes sensitive, confidential, or patent-related information. You may also wish to revise your project file or abstract before sharing them.
If you were granted an exemption from including your work you shouldn't upload any materials to ScholarWorks@GVSU.
The submission process consists of the following steps:
- Read and accept the Submission Agreement
- Provide information about yourself and any co-authors
- Provide information about your project
- Upload your project file and any associated files
Congratulations! You have submitted your project. You should receive an email confirming your submission. This email will also give you a link to check the status of your project.
Your work will not be publicly available until a ScholarWorks@GVSU administrator has posted it. Normally, this is within one month of your submission date. If you have any questions about your paper or how to use this site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are my options?
- Open Access: your project will be available online, free for anyone to read and download.
- Restricted Access: your project's abstract and title will be available for anyone to read, but reading or downloading the paper itself requires a GVSU login.
- Embargo: this is basically delayed Open Access. Your project's abstract and title will be available online immediately, but your project itself will only be available after the embargo period ends.
Do you need a different option for your work? Contact the