Submission Guidelines for SoTL Teaching Materials
Who Can Submit
SoTL Teaching Materials publishes scholarly teaching and learning works created by faculty at Grand Valley State University. For additional information, please contact ScholarWorks@GVSU..
How to Submit a Teaching and Learning work
1. Write an abstract or description for your work, up to 250 words. Please also select up to 10 keywords. The description and keywords will help users discover your work via search engines.
2. For teaching materials (lesson plans, learning activities, assessments, etc), provide a scholarly context statement of up to 750 words. This statement should reflect on the scholarly context of your teaching materials and relate them to the scholarship of teaching and learning.
3. Submit your work through the "Submit Research" link in the sidebar. Provide all required metadata information, including title, author(s), etc. Providing as much optional metadata as possible will help interested readers find your work.
4. You may upload the scholarly context statement as an additional file, or you may enter it into the corresponding text box.
5. After your work is submitted, it will be reviewed by staff of the Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center. Assuming your work meets the submission requirements, it will then be publicly posted online.
6. If you have any questions, contact ScholarWorks@GVSU..
Overview of the Process
After you submit your paper, we will create an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of it and publish it on the site. You will be notified by email when the paper is posted. You will also be notified by email if any additional information is required.
How to Revise Your Paper
If you publish this paper or a revised version elsewhere, for example in a journal, please send the citation of the new version to the ScholarWorks@GVSU team. We will provide a link to the published version so that repository users can find the latest version.
If you would like to post a revised version of your paper on the site, please follow the instructions in How to Submit; however, please specify when you submit the paper that it is a revision of a previously submitted paper.