Our latest survey forecast for the greater Grand Rapids economy (Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon, and Allegan counties) was conducted in November 2006.
• Business confidence has suffered a decline and is expected to rise modestly in 2007
• Employment growth is expected to be modest at 0.7% for 2007
• Overall sales are expected to grow at a lower rate of around 2.5% for 2007
• Exports continue to be a bright spot; expected growth is 6% for 2007
• The decline in regional confidence and sales reflects the ongoing restructuring and a slowdown of the national economy