- Contribute to the decision-making process, and assist in improving the quality of the published article by reviewing the manuscript objectively, in a timely manner with no personal criticism of the author;
- Review manuscripts based on intellectual content without regard for age, gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, country of origin, or religious or political beliefs of the authors;
- Express views clearly with supporting arguments;
- Point out relevant published work which is not yet cited;
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any information supplied by the editor or author, without retaining or copying the manuscript; and
- Disclose conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any author or institutions connected to the manuscript under review, if necessary withdrawing services for that manuscript.