· This article offers a theory-of-change framework to help those engaged in social-justice advocacy to reflect on whether social-justice values are being retained in the process.
· A reproductive rights effort in South Africa provides an example of how social justice values can be lost in the advocacy process.
· The failure to sustain work on the ground pointed to the need to maintain a base of support even after a policy victory.
· Strategies must be revisited as social and political contexts change.
· One of the critical social-justice values that supports the establishment and maintenance of alliances is collaboration, which must continue to be nurtured even after a victory.
· The theory-of-change framework helps to keep these values visible.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
"Is the Policy Win All? A Framework for Effective Social-Justice Advocacy,"
The Foundation Review:
3, Article 9.
Available at: https://scholarworks.gvsu.edu/tfr/vol2/iss3/9