· Federal initiatives provide opportunities to link national, state, and local partnerships.
· New opportunities create a challenge of how to maximize mission-related goals while also seeking out new partnerships.
· “Layering” allows core foundation goals to be addressed while further examining how building new partnerships can expand with national and federal opportunities.
· Each “layer” represents multiple sector partnerships at the local, state, federal, and national levels.
· Layering differs from collective impact in its focus on strategic alignment with existing work to new partners versus the focus on the partnerships and organizational behavior of those relationships.
· Building new partnerships with philanthropic, private, and public sectors enhances leverage.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
"Use of Layering for Effective Partnership Building: Leveraging Positive Impact in Education Philanthropy,"
The Foundation Review:
3, Article 5.
Available at: https://scholarworks.gvsu.edu/tfr/vol3/iss3/5